Monday, January 29, 2018

Week of January 22

It was another busy week in the library!

Third and fourth grade recess clubs this week played with Dash & Dot robots. Dash is one of my very favs and I'd be lying if I told you I didn't play some, too....


Preschool kids listened to a story called Found by Salina Yoon. It's such a cute story about a bear who finds a stuffed animal in the forest & tries to find it's owner. I love Salina's books and kids do too--I'm so glad we got to Skype with her last year & I learned about all of her books!


AK kids listened to a story called Ellie by Mike Wu. It's such a cute story with really beautiful illustrations. The two AK classes were combined because they had been on a field trip, so there were more kids than usual, but this book held their attention 100%.


Kindergarteners kept working on designing marble tracks. They went to the station that they didn't go to last week. Next week, we'll start designing our final marble roller coasters! 




First graders worked with Snap Circuits and Little Bits circuits to make & learn about light. We used reflective paper to show that white light reflects a rainbow of color, while pure blue or green or red reflects only green or blue or red.





Second graders continued in our Mock Caldecott challenge. We read what are probably my two favorite books of 2017--A Perfect Day by Lane Smith and After the Fall by Dan Santat. 


After the Fall is amazing book about Humpty Dumpty overcoming his anxiety and fear of heights after falling off of the wall. Students used a Padlet and posted something that they've had to overcome. We also flew paper airplanes in the library. I'm sure teachers loved me for that! 






Third graders began finding a source for their biography research. We used Gale InfoBits and Britannica Online first. If there wasn't a source there, then they used Kiddle to do a search. We bookmarked the sites for next time, and I reminded them how to use the highlighter tool on Google Read & Write.

Fourth graders kept working on their book trailers--a few are even finished! I can't wait to share these in the next couple of weeks--the kids have worked really hard!



1 comment:

  1. excellent. one of the best articles I have every rush essay review read. This is the information which I have been searching. Great information I will tweet to my friends to get them to check it out. keep it up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Crazy February

What a winter! I haven't updated in a long time, because well, we haven't been in school for a long time! This past week we actually...